Reduce risk. Grow wealth.
Karpus Investment Management is a fee-based, independent Registered Investment Advisory firm providing balanced and specialty management including fixed-income (taxable and tax-advantaged), cash, domestic equity and international equity management. For 25 years, KIM has provided consistently outstanding results for individual investors, IRAs and institutions including corporations, retirement/401(k) plans, Taft-Hartley funds, endowments and foundations.
KIM’s guiding principles emphasize:
- Conservative, long-term management: KIM’s first priority is preservation of capital. Through extensive diversification, portfolio managers place tight reins on risk factors that threaten investment performance.
- Extensive diversification: Karpus uses closed-end, open-end, and exchange-traded funds to deliver one of the best investment performance ratings in the country. Over a 10-year period, a typical Karpus account may use more than 100 different management companies, 25 different investment styles, 350 different funds, and 12,000 securities worldwide to provide clients with the best possible returns.
- Independence and objectivity: KIM does not sell products or take commissions. Our fee-based approach ensures strict focus on customer needs without conflicts of interest.
- Transparency and accountability: KIM adheres to the highest standards of operational integrity. All assets are held in separate custodial accounts at an individual bank or brokerage account in your name. This is an essential safeguard for your assets.
- Expert asset allocation: All portfolios are individually managed according to your investment goals and objectives. KIM can optimize portfolio returns in relation to outside tax events to create tax efficient investing.
- Personal service: KIM professionals are available according to your needs. We are experienced in personal trust administration and tax reporting. We work with your tax and legal advisers to ensure seamless coordination.
- Expert proprietary research: KIM delivers objective decision-making based on fundamentals, experience and tested metrics.
- Exploitation of market inefficiencies: KIM constantly monitors markets to uncover overlooked securities that offer uncommon value.
- Price-efficient trading: KIM employs sophisticated trading technologies to optimize the timing of asset purchases and sales to get the best price for you.
- Employee ownership: KIM’s employee-owners so strongly believe in the firm’s investment strategies that the vast majority of employee assets are managed by KIM. We eat our own cooking.
KIM was founded in 1986 by George Karpus and Jo Ann Van Degriff, former senior trust executives of a large commercial bank. The employee-owned company has grown to include a management team that brings demonstrated expertise in investment management, client service and operational excellence. KIM manages approximately $2.4 billion in client assets for institutions and high net worth individuals. For more than twenty years, the firm has delivered benchmark-beating performance in bull markets, bear markets and everything in between.
Close-up: George Karpus began his investment career in 1969 with Bache and Co. Later, he joined Marine Midland Bank and was part of the bank’s investment policy committee. He co-founded Karpus Investment Management in 1986. In 2003, Karpus was named an Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year. He has been featured in numerous leading publications including The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, Barron’s and Forbes.
For more information about how to put Karpus Investment Management’s outstanding expertise to work for you, contact us today.